With 0°, 15°, and 25° angled abutments and over 18 different sizes to choose from, the non-shouldered abutment is one of Bicon’s most versatile. Since it is a solid abutment, it can be prepared either intra-orally or extra-orally. The new Restorative/Laboratory kits (consisting of two sleeves and a transfer die) will facilitate impression taking, temporization, wax-ups, and the fabrication of corrective copings. The impression sleeves snap definitively onto the new non-shouldered abutments and are color coded according to the diameter of the abutment: 3.5mm = blue, 4.0mm = red, 5.0mm = yellow, 6.5mm = green and 7.5mm = purple. Click here to download the Non-Shouldered Abutment guide.
Non-Shouldered Abutments with a 3.0mm Post
|4.0 x 6.5mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||0°||3.0mm||260-340-001|
|4.0 x 6.5mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||15°||3.0mm||260-340-015|
|4.0 x 10mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||4.0mm||10mm||0°||3.0mm||260-340-101|
|4.0 x 10mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||4.0mm||10mm||15°||3.0mm||260-340-115|
|5.0 x 5.0mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||5.0mm||0°||3.0mm||260-350-050|
|5.0 x 5.0mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||5.0mm||15°||3.0mm||260-350-055|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||0°||3.0mm||260-350-001|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||15°||3.0mm||260-350-015|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 25° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||25°||3.0mm||260-350-025|
|5.0 x 10mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||10mm||0°||3.0mm||260-350-101|
|5.0 x 10mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||10mm||15°||3.0mm||260-350-115|
|5.0 x 12mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||12mm||0°||3.0mm||260-350-201|
|5.0 x 12mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||5.0mm||12mm||15°||3.0mm||260-350-215|
|6.5 x 5.0mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||6.5mm||5.0mm||0°||3.0mm||260-365-050|
|6.5 x 5.0mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||6.5mm||5.0mm||15°||3.0mm||260-365-055|
|6.5 x 6.5mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||6.5mm||6.5mm||0°||3.0mm||260-365-001|
|6.5 x 6.5mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||6.5mm||6.5mm||15°||3.0mm||260-365-015|
|7.5 x 8.0mm 0° Abutment 3.0mm Post||7.5mm||8.0mm||0°||3.0mm||260-375-801|
|7.5 x 8.0mm 15° Abutment 3.0mm Post||7.5mm||8.0mm||15°||3.0mm||260-375-815|
Non-Shouldered Abutments with a 2.5mm Post
|4.0 x 6.5mm 0° Abutment 2.5mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||0°||2.5mm||260-240-001|
|4.0 x 6.5mm 15° Abutment 2.5mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||15°||2.5mm||260-240-015|
|4.0 x 6.5mm 25° Abutment 2.5mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||25°||2.5mm||260-240-025|
|4.0 x 10mm 0° Abutment 2.5mm Post||4.0mm||10mm||0°||2.5mm||260-240-101|
|4.0 x 10mm 15° Abutment 2.5mm Post||4.0mm||10mm||15°||2.5mm||260-240-115|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 0° Abutment 2.5mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||0°||2.5mm||260-250-001|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 15° Abutment 2.5mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||15°||2.5mm||260-250-015|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 25° Abutment 2.5mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||25°||2.5mm||260-250-025|
|5.0 x 10mm 0° Abutment 2.5mm Post||5.0mm||10mm||0°||2.5mm||260-250-111|
|5.0 x 10mm 15° Abutment 2.5mm Post||5.0mm||10mm||15°||2.5mm||260-250-115|
|6.5 x 5.0mm 0° Abutment 2.5mm Post||6.5mm||5.0mm||0°||2.5mm||260-265-050|
|6.5 x 5.0mm 15° Abutment 2.5mm Post||6.5mm||5.0mm||15°||2.5mm||260-265-055|
Non-Shouldered Abutments with a 2.0mm Post
|4.0 x 6.5mm 0° Abutment 2.0mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||0°||2.0mm||260-140-002|
|4.0 x 6.5mm 15° Abutment 2.0mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||15°||2.0mm||260-140-015|
|4.0 x 6.5mm 25° Abutment 2.0mm Post||4.0mm||6.5mm||25°||2.0mm||260-140-025|
|4.0 x 10mm 0° Abutment 2.0mm Post||4.0mm||10mm||0°||2.0mm||260-140-101|
|4.0 x 10mm 15° Abutment 2.0mm Post||4.0mm||10mm||15°||2.0mm||260-140-115|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 0° Abutment 2.0mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||0°||2.0mm||260-150-001|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 15° Abutment 2.0mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||15°||2.0mm||260-150-015|
|5.0 x 6.5mm 25° Abutment 2.0mm Post||5.0mm||6.5mm||25°||2.0mm||260-150-025|
|5.0 x 12mm 0° Abutment 2.0mm Post||5.0mm||12mm||0°||2.0mm||260-150-201|
|5.0 x 12mm 15° Abutment 2.0mm Post||5.0mm||12mm||15°||2.0mm||260-150-215|
Non-Shouldered Abutment Considerations
- The abutment can be rotated 360˚ to reach a desired position or to achieve parallelism prior to being seated.
- The 3.5mm abutments are recommended for mandibular incisors only; 4.0mm abutments are primarily used for maxillary laterals and bicuspids; 5.0mm abutments are more universal in their use; 6.5mm and 7.5mm abutments are ideally suited for molars.
- The diameter of each Emergence Cuff corresponds to the diameter of a non-shouldered abutment.
- Do not make an impression with the emergence cuff.
- Choose the widest abutment and sleeve (see below) that will support the interproximal papillae without encroaching upon them.
Restorative/Laboratory Kits for Non-Shouldered Abutments*
|4.0 x 6.5mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||4.0mm||6.5mm||260-140-465|
|4.0 x 10mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||4.0mm||10mm||260-140-410|
|5.0 x 5.0mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||5.0mm||5.0mm||260-150-450|
|5.0 x 6.5mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||5.0mm||6.5mm||260-150-465|
|5.0 x 10mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||5.0mm||10mm||260-150-410|
|5.0 x 12mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||5.0mm||12mm||260-150-412|
|6.5 x 5.0mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||6.5mm||5.0mm||260-165-450|
|6.5 x 6.5mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||6.5mm||6.5mm||260-165-465|
|7.5 x 8.0mm Non-Shouldered Restorative/Laboratory Kit||7.5mm||8.0mm||260-175-480|
*Each kit contains (1) Transfer Die, (1) Impression/Waxing Sleeve, and (1) Temporization Sleeve.
Temporization Sleeves for Non-Shouldered Abutments
|4.0mm Non-Shouldered Temporization Sleeve (2)||4.0mm||260-140-165|
|5.0mm Non-Shouldered Temporization Sleeve (2)||5.0mm||260-150-165|
|6.5mm Non-Shouldered Temporization Sleeve (2)||6.5mm||260-165-165|
|7.5mm Non-Shouldered Temporization Sleeve (2)||7.5mm||260-175-165|
Non-Shouldered Prosthetic Components Considerations
- The impression sleeves and transfer dies are color coded according to the corresponding diameter of the non-shouldered abutment:
3.5mm = blue, 4.0mm = red, 5.0mm = yellow, 6.5mm = green, and 7.5mm = purple.
- The sleeves may be used for impression making, temporization, corrective copings, and/or as waxing sleeves.
- The temporization sleeves may be used in lieu of the emergence cuffs.
- Always confirm the complete seating of snap-on sleeves with either the non-shouldered abutment or colored abutment transfer die.
- It is paramount that the proper abutment transfer die height be chosen for pouring of a stone model, since all transfer dies of the same color will snap into an impression sleeve of that color.
- The diameter and height of the transfer dies are sized to match the diameter and height of a corresponding non-shouldered abutment.
- Although possible, avoid making an impression using the tooth colored temporization sleeves, since they are not color coded with their corresponding transfer dies and they are more retentive.
- Sleeves may be easily modified to suit a particular clinical need.
- Current versions of the non-shouldered abutment have a groove approximately 3.0mm above its height of contour providing retention for the new snap-on impression and temporization sleeves.
- If a sleeve is used as a waxing sleeve, the internal snap ring should be removed with a bur.
Emergence Cuffs for Non-Shouldered Abutments
|4.0mm Emergence Cuff (4)||4.0mm||260-140-010|
|5.0mm Emergence Cuff (4)||5.0mm||260-150-010|
|6.5mm Emergence Cuff (4)||6.5mm||260-165-065|
Emergence Cuff Considerations
- The diameter of each emergence cuff corresponds to the diameter of a non-shouldered abutment.
- Do not make an impression with an emergence cuff.
- If you prefer to make an impression of a non-shouldered abutment with a plastic sleeve, please refer to above, Restorative/Laboratory Kits for Non-Shouldered Abutments, section.
- The temporization sleeves may be used in lieu of the emergence cuffs.